Friday, August 6

TRESemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo

Product: TRESemme FreshStart Dry Shampoo for Oily/Straight to Normal Hair

Price: $
I bought this for $4.77 at Walmart.

Packaging: ♦ ♦ ♦
This product comes in a 5.7 oz. long black aerosol can with a lime-yellow color top. The product itself is a mixture of mineral clay and citrus.

Claim: Don’t settle for limp or unruly hair every time you skip a shampoo. Now your hair can have that just-washed look and feel without a shower. Whether your hair gets oily or frizzy in between washes, these products will make your hair feel ultra clean and refreshed. Put that baseball cap away for good!

Do not miss a fresh look and feel even on the second day. TRESemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo is the perfect solution to clean hair without water anytime. The unique formula, with Mineral Clay and Citrus, refreshes your hair by removing oil and odor while injecting volume. Just a quick spray transform lifeless, limp hair into clean, fresh hair with full of bouncy body. It also helps to maintain hair color with less washing. With TRESemme Fresh Start, refresh your hair anytime, anywhere.

Application: According to Tresemme
  • Shake can vigorously before use and in between sprays.
  • Lightly spritz roots with product to inject volume & spray evenly all over air, holding can 8-12 inches from head.
  • Leave product in for 1-2 minutes to allow time to soak up oil.
  • Brush through hair to remove excess, then style as usual.
Pros:
  • Does Remove Some Dirty & Oil
  • You Can See Where the Product is on Your Hair
Cons:
  • Doesn't Totally Clean Your Hair
  • Has A Very Strong Citrus Scent
  • The Product Can Be Hard to Remove From Your Hair
Final Verdict:
I have oily hair. I have long hair, so I have the dual problem of having oily hair on the top of my head but my ends get dried out. Usually, I wash my hair every other day to keep it from being to greasy while trying not to dry out my ends too much. I decided to try out a dry shampoo to help keep my hair clean in between washes and maybe go for a longer period of time of actually washing it. This is the first time I've tried a dry shampoo so I can't compare it to anything else.
I was excited to try this product. I like TRESemme products in general. However, when it came to actually using it and seeing the results, I was let down. I tried using this product several times and in different ways. Each time I was left unsatisfied or annoyed. The scent was killer. If you use this product you have to be in a well ventilated room or you might feel like you're being choked to death by a lemon. This dry shampoo is made of mineral clay in an aerosol form. If you have dark hair you can actually see where the clay lands on your hair when you spray it. This is a good and things. It's nice to know where you're spraying the product on your hair so you can evenly coat your hair, but I found that it was also hard to fully brush the clay off. If your using this product lightly, it's not as hard to remove the clay but your hair will still be greasy. If you use a lot of this product, you will have a hard time removing the clay from your hair and you'll end up looking like you have dandruff. Definitely, DO NOT use this if you have other products in you hair already, like gel or hairspray, the clay will stick to those products and get clumpy on your hair. You'll end up having to wash your hair and basically defeats the purpose of a dry shampoo. I will say that maybe if you have light colored hair that isn't very greasy, this product might work for you. However, if you have dark oily hair, I say skip trying TRESemme Dry Shampoo. It's not worth the trouble.

FYI: For Dry/Curly hair TRESemme has a Waterless Foam Shampoo. I did not try that product so I can't say whether it works or not.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Bloggerized by Dzignine, based on Nekoji design.