Wednesday, October 6

Neutrogena Healthy Volume Mascara

Product: Neutrogena Healthy Volume Mascara in Carbon Black.  It comes in 2 other shades: Black & Black/Brown as well as a waterproof version.

Price:  $
I got a free sample of this when I bought Neutrogena's makeup remover at Walmart.  Normally, it would cost $7.47.  It goes along the same price range as most Neutrogena products.

Packaging:  ♦ ♦ ♦
Neutrogena Healthy Volume Mascara comes in a long sliver tube with a screw on top.  The applicator is a long, thick, and dense bristle brush that tapers on the end.  I think the brush is a bit too long though.  It's almost the length of my eye.  Sometime if I'm not careful, I hit the wand on my cheek or nose  and get mascara on my face.

Claim:  This lash-enhancing mascara instantly builds lash volume by 400%. The patent-pending formula with a touch of olive oil penetrates and helps plump the core of each and every lash. The Visible Volume Brush coats and builds even the smallest lashes with rich, volume-building color. No clumps, smudging or flaking!  Also Dematologist & Ophthalmologist tested.

Ingredients:  Isododecane, Water, Beeswax, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Glyceryl Hydrogenated Rosinate, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Trimethylsiloxysilicate/Dimethiconol Copolymer, Acrylates/Ethylhexyl Acrylate Copolymer, Acrylates/Ethylhexyl Acrylate Copolymer, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Cyclopentasiloxane, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Polybutene, Silica, Black 2, Ozokerite, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Leci-Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Isohexadecane, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein Pg-Propyl Silanetriol, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Propylene Carbonate, Propylene Glycol, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Trimethysiloxysilicate, Acrylates/Dimeticone Copolymer, Polyethylene, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl Hydroxyethycellulose, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Sorbic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance (1396-67).

Pros:
  • Did not Smudge, Flake, or Clump
  • Defined & Separated my Lashes
  • Safe on Eyes
  • Doesn't Dry Too Quickly
Cons:
  • Didn't See Volume
Final Verdict:  ♥ ♥ 
This was the first time I've tried a Neutrogena mascara and I was kinda left blah.  The first thing I notice with this mascara was the size of the brush.  I like that it was thick but I didn't like how long the brush actually was.  I'm Asian, so I don't really have large eyes and the brush is as long as my eye.  Other then that, I like the brush.  I think it gets all of my lashes and applies well.  There's never too much product when you apply so it doesn't clump.  The mascara doesn't dry too quickly either.  This is good for multiple application so it doesn't clump.  I also didn't see any issues with smudging or flaking.
So why does this mascara make me feel blah?... Simply, because I didn't see any volume.  After all it is a "volume mascara".  I thought that it applied well and defined my lashes but I didn't think it gave me volume.  If they didn't call it a volume mascara, I wouldn't be as bothered by it.  But since they did, it didn't live up to it's name.  This mascara could be good for your lashes but it just didn't perform.  I think this mascara would be good for everyday wear but it wasn't anything special.

For More Pictures


Too Long Brush Applicator




0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Bloggerized by Dzignine, based on Nekoji design.