Tuesday, August 10

MAC Prep + Prime Lip

Product: MAC Prep + Prime Lip

Price: $ $
I bought this product online from MAC Cosmetics for $14.50

Packaging: ♦ ♦ ♦
This lip primer is 1.7 grams and is a clear product. It is in a sleek black tube that twist up (and down) to reveal the product.

Claim: A colour-free base to wear under lipstick. Adds light moisture, smoothes and refines the lips. Improves the appearance of applied lip products.

Pros:
  • Glides on smoothly
  • Makes my lips feel soft

Cons:
  • Don't See a Difference
Final Verdict: ♥ ♥ ♥
I've been looking for a lip primer to keep my lipstick & lip gloss last longer through out my day. I was excited to try this to see how it would work. First, this product does not claim to make your lipstick/gloss last but instead give it a base to make it look better and truer to its intended color. I could live with that. Our lips isn't a clear slate, it has color and texture. It would be great to have something that would make my lipstick true color stand out. Did this product do that? Honestly, I really couldn't tell. This to me was an expensive lip balm. It's good to use a lip balm before applying lipstick because it gives a the lipstick a smooth surface to adhere to. I could get a regular drugstore lip balm to get the same effect. Ok, MAC's Prep + Prime Lip goes on and feels better then a regular lip balm but I don't think I need to pay $14.50 for a lip balm. I really do like this but I would have rather spent my money on something else.



2 comments:

iPro Makeup said...

I am a professional makeup artist and also used to worked for M.A.C. when this product was first introduced. I must say that it does work! I always had a problem with my lips feathering no matter what lip product I used but particularly with my lip glass. It was so bad that I couldn't reapply anything to my lips without cleaning them completely first. The lip primer not only prevented feathering but made my products last longer without me having to clean and then reapply.

TIP: In order for this product to be effective, you have to apply it to clean, dry lips (AND LET IT GET A LITTLE TACKY) applying your other lip products. By allowing it to get tacky first, it helps the lip color adhere better, showing off the true color!

Grace said...

Thanks for the suggestion. It really works

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Bloggerized by Dzignine, based on Nekoji design.