Wednesday, January 11

Lancome Teint Idole Fresh Wear Foundation


Product:  Lancome Teint Idole Fresh Wear Foundation is a makeup that is suppose to provide 18 hours of shine free coverage.  It's a sheer to medium coverage foundation that come in 10 shades for light to medium skin tones.   It has a natural, almost satin, finish that keep the skin from looking  too flat.  According to Lancome this foundation is non-acnegenic, non-comedogenic, dermatologist tested, and safe on all skin types with no oils or fragrances.


Claim:  According to Lancome from the Sephora website, it claims to be a breakthrough makeup formula that provides 18-hours of shine-free wear. This fresh formula in a convenient tube delivers weightless-yet-moderate coverage that instantly minimizes the look of pores and imperfections. The complexion remains flawless and shine-free from morning until night—for a full 18 hours—even under humidity and perspiration. The weightless, ultra-resistant formulation contains the breakthrough ColorKeeper™ Refining Complex, which has highly resistant pigments that visibly erase pores and imperfections for flawless, fade-resistant perfection. The exclusive shine-control technology keeps skin looking fresh and matte all day so there's no need for retouching. The formula  is non-irritating and protects skin from UV damage with SPF 15 sunscreen.


Price: $ $ $ $
I bought this foundation at Sephora.com for $32.  Though it's a bit pricey, it's actually on the lowered end for Lancome foundations and around average for high end/ department store foundations.

Packaging: ♦ ♦ 
The packaging for this foundation could have been better.  Lancome Teint Idole Fresh Wear Foundation comes in a 0.8 fl oz. white squeeze tube with a black screw-on cap.  Upright, it stands on it's cap.  I wish they had done the packaging differently for this product.  The actually foundation is liquidy and if I store this foundation standing, the foundation tends to run out of the tube once I open it.  I have to store this foundation upside down so I don't end up wasting product when I open it to use.

Pros: +  +  +
Light Weight
Nautral Finish
Easy to Blend
Long Lasting

Cons: -  -  -
Does Not Provide 18-hrs of Shine Free Wear
Packaging Could Be Better
Limited Shade Range

Final Verdict:  ♥ ♥ ♥ 
I actually bought this product in the beginning of the summer.  I needed a foundation that was light weight, shine free foundation that would last through out a summers day.  When I came across Lancome's Teint Idole, base on the discription, I thought I had found my foundation.
After using this foundation a few times ( and through out the summer), I thought this foundation was very "middle of the road".  There were things I liked about it but with an equal number of dislikes as well.  I liked that it was light weight with a natural finish.   It contains SPF 15, which was perfect for the summer.  The foundation doesn't dry very quickly, allowing me time to blend it out with ease.  I also felt that it lasted well.  It still looked good 6-8 hrs. later without looking like it was melting off me face.
With all that being said, there were things that I thought could have been better.  Even though it lasted well, it wasn't 18 hrs of flawless, shine-free coverage.  After, two hours I already started to get shiny.  That was the main reason why I bought this foundation, because it was suppose to have shine-control.  The packaging could have been better.  Though I don't mind a squeeze tube container, because this foundation is so runny, I think it would have been better to package it in a regular foundation bottle.
Now that it's winter time, I still wear this found often. My skin doesn't get as oily in the winter so it's not something I have to worry about this time.  It has worked better for me this fall/ winter since my skin is drier.  I really wanted to love this foundation but once I finish with it, I wouldn't spend another $32 to buy it again.  If this foundation wasn't Lancome and so expensive, it might have been forgivable that it didn't fully live up to it's claim.  I wouldn't recommend this for those with oily skin, but this might work better on those with a dry skin type.  If you do have oily skin this might work better during the colder months when our skin isn't as oily as it is during the summer.





0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Bloggerized by Dzignine, based on Nekoji design.