Sunday, October 17

Revlon Photo Ready

Product: Revlon PhotoReady Makeup... Be camera ready with this Photo Ready Makeup SPF 20 by Revlon. Looks great no matter the setting or the lighting!


Price:  $  $
I bought mine at Target for $11.99 but I've seen it as high as $13.99

Packaging:  ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Revlon PhotoReady comes in a 1 fl oz bottle with a black pump and black transparent cover.  I found the pump to be very easy to use and has great control.  That's good so you can pump as much or as little as you want.
Comes in 12 different shades.


Claim:  For poreless, airbrushed skin in any light. Photochromatic pigments bend and reflect light to erase every flaw. Complete, yet undetectable coverage. Soft, luminous finish.

Ingredient:  Titanium Dioxide 1.1%, Zinc Oxide 2.0%. Aqua ((Water) Eau), Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Cetyl Peg/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Peg/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Nylon-12, Hdv Trimethylol Hexyllac Tone Crosspolymer, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Alumina, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Glycerin, Bis-Peg/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Trisiloxane, Methicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Tribehenn, Methylmethacrylate Crosspolymer Cycloheptasiloxane, Silica, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, 77492, 77499), Zinc Oxide (Ci 77947). 21879.


Pros:
  • Great Packaging
  • Gives a Soft Focus Look to Pictures
  • Fragrance Free
  • SPF 20 (One of the highest I've seen for a foundation)
  • Long Lasting
Cons:
  • Ridiculously Glimmery/Shimmery in Sunlight
  • Emphasizes Dry Patches of Skin
Final Verdict:  ♥ ♥ ♥ 
It took me a long time to try Revlon PhotReady just because I had several that I hadn't finish yet.  After hearing some good reviews I couldn't help myself and bought it.
This foundation had some really good qualities about it.  Revlon hit a home run with the packaging.  I think most who wear liquid foundation wish that their foundation came with a pump.  The pump keeps things from getting messy and keeps from wasting product.  It's works smoothly so you have perfect control of how much you want to pump out.
Another great thing about this product is that it's fragrance free and has SPF 20.  If you've tried Revlon ColorStay, you know that it has a terrible smell.  Why? I don't know.  PhotoReady is not that way.  Not that anyone is going to be smelling you're face anytime soon but it's one less thing to think about.  Sometimes fragrances can cause breakouts or irritations on the skin.  The SPF 20 is one of the highest I've seen for foundation.  Sun protection is always good.
So what about the actual product?  I was a toss up for me.  It gives about a medium coverage.  I thought it was pretty long lasting (5-6 hrs) without being heavy or thick.  However, this foundation has shimmery specks mixed in it.  The good thing about it is that if gives you a soft focus/ glow to your face.  The bad thing is, it makes you look very shimmery in sunlight (via vampire from Twilight).  It was ridiculous how shimmery I looked.  Indoor in artificial or natural light it looks fine but once you step outside, you're a walking sparkle.  It's a shame because it does have SPF 20 and I don't want to go outside using this foundation.  It's called PhotoReady, so how does it look in pictures?  In pictures, indoors or out, it give a soft focus and glow effect to your face.  The shimmer isn't as obvious.  You don't look fresh faced or dewy, it's more like Photoshop and you placed the glow effect.  I didn't think that was a bad thing but other people might feel different.  I also notice that with this foundation I notice dry patches on my skin more then I do with my other foundations. 
So would I buy Revlon PhotoReady again? No.  It's not a bad foundation but I wasn't wowed enough to try it again.

For Pictures



 Indoors in Natural Light no Flash

 Indoors in Artificial Light with Flash

 Outdoors in Sunlight no Flash

1 comments:

Helen said...

Heya there! I stumbled upon your blog and I really like it. I have similar skintones to you, asian, something in the region of NC30-35. I am just wondering what shade did you pick for this revlon foundation? I've been wanting to try it but just wasn't sure which one to go for.
Thanks, your blog looks amazing, I've been doing some blogging too, only a novice still xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Bloggerized by Dzignine, based on Nekoji design.