Saturday, February 26

MUFE High Definition Elixir

Product: MUFE HD Elixir is a serum to help hydrate dry skin before moisturizer and makeup.

Price: $ $ $ $
You can find MUFE HD Elixir v exclusively in stores or online at  Sephora or Make Up For Ever for $38.

Packaging: ♦ ♦ ♦
 MUFE HD Elixir comes in a 0.40 oz thick glass vile with a black screw on top.  The applicator is a dropper.  You simply squeeze the top to either take in or release the serum from the dropper.  The elixir is a clear, slightly thick liquid that feels watery to the touch.

Claim:  HD complexion collection uses innovative formulas to create a new generation of makeup that is invisible on high-definition cameras and to the naked eye. This unique, lightweight elixir absorbs quickly into the skin, instantly hydrating and brightening the complexion. The breakthrough formula contains D-Panthenol and Glycerin to ensure an immediate boost of hydration (+520% after 15 minutes) that lasts throughout the day (+175% after 6 hours). Argatensyl is added to provide an immediate smoothing effect. Each ingredient was specifically added to prepare skin for high- definition makeup—so you can count on the camera picking up the perks of this perfecting formula. *
Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Caprylic/Capric Glycerides Polyglycerin-10 Esters, Pentylene Glycol, Xanathan Gum, Mannitol, Sclerotium Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Glyceryl Caprylate, Argania Spinosa Extract (Argania Spinosa Kernel Extract), Ethylhexylglycerin, Panthenol, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Biosaccharide, Gum-1, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Sodium Hyaluronate, Parfum (Fragrance), Carbomer, Acetyl Tetrapeptide-9.

Pros:
  • Moisturizing
  • Non Greasy
  • Absorbs Quickly
  • Lightweight
  • A Little Goes A Long Way
Cons:
  •  It's On The Expensive Side
  • Don't Like The Dropper Applicator
Final Verdict: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
 This winter has been harsh on my skin.  Normally I have combination skin but I was getting dry patches in area that normally would be oily.  I tried using a thicker moisturizer but it didn't help at all.  It was hard to wear foundation because it emphasized the dry patches on my face and looked flaky.  I had heard about MUFE HD Elixir before but never felt the need to get it because my face never was that dry.  Not until now.  I order my elixir from Sephora.com.  I was very excited to try it because I was desperate to find a solution for my dry, flaky, patchy skin.  Every morning after I cleaned my face and before I applied my moisturizer, I added a dot of the HD Elixir to dry areas of my face.  I would pat it onto my skin until it was fully absorbed.  Then I continued with the rest of my skincare and makeup routine.  After a week of use I no longer had dry patches on my skin.  I was so happy.
My skin didn't get better over night..  MUFE claims that 15 minutes after applying your skin will be hydrated 520%.  Claims like that are hard to tell. I couldn't tell the difference the first day.  Three days later, a week later I could definitely tell the improvement to my skin. Now that I don't have dry skin anymore I still continue to use my HD Elixir, just not as much as I first started.  With this elixir you don't need to apply a lot.  A little really does go a long way.  The elixir has a watery gel like consistency that feels very light and is absorbed quickly into your skin.  It doesn't feel or make your skin look greasy.
I fell in love with this product.  If it had any down falls it would be in the packaging and price.  I personally don't like the dropper as an applicator.  I would have preferred a brush applicator of some kind.  Also the price is a bit high ($38 for 0.40 oz).  It's a good thing you only need to use a little at a time.  But it works so well, it at almost justifies the price.  Other then those two drawbacks, I would buy this product again and recommend it for anyone with trouble dry skin.


* As stated on Sephora.com

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Bloggerized by Dzignine, based on Nekoji design.