Tuesday, March 10

Blending Sponge

If you've ever seen the Beauty Blender on t.v. or in magazines you're going to love Sonia Kashuk Blending Sponge.  It is a small blue sponge that is contoured like the shape of a pear with a tip on the top and a round bottom.  This shape makes it easy to hold and allows you to use it in small and large areas and contours to your face.  Unlike the Beauty Blender that's selling for $19.95, you can buy the Sonia Kashuk blending sponge for $9.99 at Target.
To use the sponge you first squeeze it a few times under water to absorb some water.  Next, squeeze any excess water out.  I wrap the sponge in a towel and squeeze out the water that way.  The reason you want to soak the sponge first is to make it feel even softer and because it's already absorbed some water it will keep it from absorbing your makeup.  Then you dip the product into you foundation and with a stippling motion pat the makeup on your face.  You can use the tip for you eye area and the creases by your nose.  The round bottom works well for broad areas like your cheeks and forehead.  When I'm done applying my foundation I like to roll/twist the sponge around my face to get a more flawless look without any streaking.  
This sponge allows you to get great coverage while using less product.  It's also versatile enough to use on liquids, creams, and even powder foundation.  I've also used it with my concealer and cream shadows.  It's very soft and won't tug on your skin.  The blending sponge is also reusable.  You simple wash it with a mild soap, squeeze out the makeup and water, and allow it to air dry.  It will probably work for a few months if you take care of it.  Because, you have to clean it right after use this might not work well if your in a hurry.  However, this sponge probably works better then your typical round or wedge sponges.  I like it.  Depending on my time I'd rather use this over my brushes.

Review
Pro: Versatile, Inexpensive, Blends Well
Con: You have to take the time to wash it.
Buy Again: Yes
Price: $$
Packaging: ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Overall: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Bloggerized by Dzignine, based on Nekoji design.