Friday, March 6

Prime Time: Foundation Primers

I have been using Dr. Bryant Pores No More for a long time now.  I buy it at Sephora for $45  for a 1 0z. tube.    It's for oily/combination skin.  I love this product because you can see the difference right away when you use it.  You simply pump a small amount to your finger tips apply to your face.  It has a nude tint to it but will blend in with your complexion.  It definately minimizes the appearence of pores if you have large pores.  It also absorbes oil and mattifies shine.  I've used this as my foundation primer because it gives you a smooth and even complexion for makeup application, but you can use it by itself.

Review
Pro: Makes an obvious difference
Con: Expensive
Buy Again: Yes
Price: $$$$$
Packaging: ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Overall: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥


Because of the price of Dr. Brandt I decided to try other primers to see how well they work.  I recently bought Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer.  I also bought this at Sephora for $36 for a 1 oz container.  Because I have combination skin I bought the oil free.  It's white lotion that blends to your skin tone.  It feels watery when you first apply but dries smooth.  It works well to set a smooth foundation for your makeup.  Smashbox also makes different variation of this product depending on your skin.

  • SPF 15 (for skin protection)
  • Color Adjust (green- minimize redness)
  • Color Balance (lavender- yellow skin tone)
  • Color Blend (conceals eye circles, vains, & sunspots)
  • Bronzing  (for a touch of sun kiss skin)

  • Review
    Pro: Works Well
    Con: None
    Buy Again: Yes
    Price: $$$$
    Packaging: ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
    Overall: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

    Even though I already had the other two above products I bought Remmel London Fix & Perfect Foundation Primer.  I bought it at Target for $6-7  for a 1 0z tube.  This is the only primer that I found that you can buy at a drugstore and not in a specialty shop.  It comes out like a cream with an apricot tint.  However, it goes on smoothly and blends in with your skin tone.  It does have that sweet apricot sent to it.  It feel drier then the other two products but it doesn't dry out your skin.  It smooths out your skin and also minimizes pores.  This is probably the least expensive primer I've found.

    Review
    Pro: Works Well
    Con: None
    Buy Again: Yes
    Price: $
    Packaging: ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
    Overall: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

    FYI:  1 oz may not seem like a lot but these products will probably last a few months even with everyday use.

    0 comments:

    Related Posts with Thumbnails
     
    Bloggerized by Dzignine, based on Nekoji design.