Saturday, May 30

Smashbox Cream Liner

I always like to buy makeup palettes before I buy the actual version of a product. I recently bought Smashbox Cream Liner Palette. This palette cost $32 dollars at Sephora and come with the 10 shades of Smashbox's cream liners and a small synthetic brush. The case is a thin and compact with a large mirror. The size makes it easy to carry around. Eventhough it look like there isn't much of the cream liner given, there is enough to last for a while (depending on use). When I first tried the liners I thought it smooth to apply and I just used the brush that was given. You do have really coat the brush with the cream liner in order to apply the right amount to your lids. I found the darker colors ( black, blue, dark brown, green) showed up very will but the softer colors really weren't vibrant enough to make a difference. I do take to a count that I have a medium skin tones and so those color probably don't show because of that. I'm might try to use the softer colors as a eyeshadow base instead of a liner. When I did use it at a liner it lasted pretty well for half the day but I could tell that it was starting to fade. After a 12 hour day the liner faded to where you could only see the outline of it. But the colors don't really smudge once it dries.
I might not buy this product again but I might buy the full version of some of the colors. They cost $22 each and contains 0.06 oz of a liner.


Review
Pro: Smooth & applies easily. Convenient to carry around
Con: Not all the colors are vibrant enough to really show & slowly fades through out the day.
Buy Again: Maybe
Price: $$$
Packaging: ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Overall: ♥ ♥ ♥

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Bloggerized by Dzignine, based on Nekoji design.