Wednesday, March 31

Maybelline Color Plush Silk Eyeshadow

I recently bought Maybelline's Color Plush Silk Eyeshadow. This eyeshadow quad claims to have a "rich color. smooth feel." You can buy this in any drugstore for around $10. I bought it when it was buy one get one at Walgreens. The colors I bought was in Give me Gold and Taupe Temptress but there are 12 shades all together. The quad comes in a small rectangular case and with a two ended sponge tip applicator. I find the case feels a bit flimsy and that sometime it's a little hard to open. Just looking at the colors, they seem vibrant and has specks of glitter. The shadows are very soft because a brush easily picks up the colors. When it comes to application I find that the 2 lighter shades aren't as vibrant on my skin but the 2 darker colors do show up more. I found that when I tried to blend the colors that it would come off. I had to reapply and pack on the eye shadows in order to get the color consistency I wanted on my lids. There's also some fall out with the glitter.
I had high hopes for this product but it's just okay to me. I don't think it's worth $10 but if I had to buy it I'd wait for a sale.


Application According to Maybelline

SUBTLE CHIC LOOK
Illuminate– sweep lightest shade all over eye using wider side of applicator, from lash line to brow bone.
Blend – apply second shade across full lid; using tapered end of brush, add shade to lower lash line for depth.
Emphasize – sweep third shade from inner corner to middle of lid.
Contour – line darkest shade on upper lash line with tapered end of brush for added intensity.

HIGH IMPACT LOOK
Illuminate – sweep lightest shade all over eye using wider side of applicator, from lash line to brow bone.
Emphasize – blend second shade from inner corner to middle of lid.
Intensify – apply third shade from outer corner to middle of lid; line upper and lower lash for extra pop.
Deepen – add darkest shade in crease and line upper and lower lash line for more impact.


Final Verdict
Pro: A brush can pick up the color easily and some of the colors do look nice.
Con: There is glitter fallout & the colors blend of easily that you have to pack on the color.
Buy Again: Maybe
Price: $
Packaging: ♦ ♦
Overall: ♥ ♥

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Bloggerized by Dzignine, based on Nekoji design.