Monday, September 20

Revlon Just Bitten Lip Stain + Balm

Product:  Revlon Just Bitten Lipstain + Balm for a beautiful wash of kiss-proof color and moisturizing, soft shine.  It comes in 10 shades.  I tried the stain in Twilight.

Price: $
I bought this at Walmart for $7.99

Packaging:  ♦ ♦ ♦
 This is actually a repackaged item from Revlon.  Just Bitten first came in a vile with a roller ball applicator.  Now it comes in a double ended plastic tube with a marker tip applicator on one end and the lip balm on the other.  The lip balm does not adjust thought.  It comes in 10 shades.

Claim:
  • Kiss-proof color with soft shine
  • Nourishing balm for supreme comfort
  • Lip stain and balm in one convenient, dual-ended package
  • Lip stain marker provides precise application
  • Color does not smudge or streak
  • Contains vitamin C for anti-oxidant protection
  • Creamy, lightweight balm perfectly melts on lips for smooth, glide-on application
  • Translucent balm provides instant moisture and soft shine
 Application:  According to Revlon
Apply marker directly to clean, dry lips. Build color and coverage as desired. After 30 seconds add extra shine and moisture by applying the balm. 

Ingredients: 
Lip Stain:  Water, Ascorbyl Glucoside, VP/Methacryalamide/Vinyl Imidazole Copolymer, Alcohol Denat., Fragrance, Sodium Hydroxide, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2 Hexanediol.  May Contain: [+/-:  Red 33 (CI 17200), Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Red 28 (CI 45410), Yellow 6 (CI 15985), Blue 1 (CI 42090))].
Balm:  Octyldodecanol, Polybutene, Polyethylene, Synthetic Beeswax, Mica, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Lecithin, Glyceryl Stearate, Glyceryl Oleate, Citric Acid, Benzoic Acid.

Pros:
  • Comes with a Lip Balm
  • Pigmented
  • Lasted Well for At Least 4 Hours

Cons:
  • Can Be Uneven
  • Lip Balm Is Not Retractable

Final Verdict:  ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
This was my first time trying a lip stain.  The reason I chose Revlon over other drugstore lip stains was because of the lip balm that came with it.  I was worried that a stain might dry my lips.  I'm always excited to try something new so expectations are high.   The stain is like marker, making it easy to use.  I was really surprise on how deep & bold the color actually was.  It makes me thing that the other color are going to come out brighter or bolder then what you might expect.  Depending on how many layers you put on, the color can look deeper.  I did see that when I applied it, it was a bit uneven.  I think two layers of the stain was enough to give me the color that I want and make it more even.  Once dried, it did not come off or budge.  It lasted a good 4 hours before I felt the need to reapply.  It could last longer depending if your eating or drinking. 
As for the lip balm, it was really nice.  It made my lips feel moist and smooth and gave it a little shine, so it didn't look so matte.  It reminded me of Nivea's Kiss of Moisture.  However, the down side of the balm is that it's not retractable.  What you see is exactly what you get.  And since you can't retract it, there could be an issue of damaging or even breaking off the balm if you're not careful.
Overall I thought it worked great.  I've had it for at least 2 months and it has not dried out yet.  It's worth the try.

For More Pictures...


 One Layer

Two Layers

Two Hours Later


0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Bloggerized by Dzignine, based on Nekoji design.