Monday, October 11

St. Ives Naturally Clearn Green Tea Cleanser



Product: St. Ives Naturally Clear Green Tea Cleanser
Price: $
I bought this product at Walmart for $4.97

Packaging: ♦ ♦ ♦
This cleanser comes in a plastic oblong bottle with a pump on the top. The pump works great and gives you perfect control on how much you want to dispense.  The tip of the pump is short so you need to hold the bottle at an angle to get the product out.  I'm not totally keen on the shape of the bottle.  I think it would have been better if it was a more circular tube for better handling.
The cleanser itself if a green liquid with the same consistency has any liquid soap.  It has a slight citrus-y scent.  I didn't find it bother some, I thought it smelled clean.

Claim:
Clears breakouts and reduces redness. Salicylic Acid Acne Medication With 100% Natural Green Tea
This cleanser deep cleans to gently remove dirt and make-up and helps maintain skin's moisture balance.

Dermatologist Tested • Hypoallergenic • Non-Comedogenic • Dermatologist Tested • Not Tested on Animals • Does not contain animal ingredients • Formulated without Parabens and Phthalates

Ingredients:  Water (Aqua, Eau), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Propylene Glycol, Salicylic Acid, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Hydroxyethyl Urea, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Hydroxide, Menthyl Lactate, PEG-150 Distearate, Disodium EDTA, Phenethyl Alcohol, Limonene, PPG-2 Methyl Ether, Linalool, Epilobium Angustifolium Extract, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract, Ascorphyllum Nodosum Extract, Alteromonas Ferment Extract, Methylisothiazolinone, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Yeast Extract (Faex, Extrait De Levure), Green 5 (Ci 61570), Yellow 5 (Ci 19140), Red 4 (Ci 14700), Red 33 (Ci 17200), Blue 1 (Ci 42090).

Pros:
  • Smells Nice
Cons:
  • Irritated my Skin at First
  • Slightly Drying
Final Verdict:  ♥ ♥
For a long time I was using Neutrogena Acne Stress Control Cleanser but I was running out.  I decided to switch things up and try St Ives new Naturally Clean Green Tea Cleanser.  I've used St. Ives before and liked them so I had good expectations for this product.  I found myself disappointed.  The first time I tried it, it felt like my skin was burning.  Not just a tingling sensation but irritating burning.  The product has 2% Salicylic Acid which my previous cleanser also had so I wasn't sure why it was burning.  I think it was because it was new product and my skin was use to my Neutrogena cleanser.  However, after the 2nd day it never irritated my skin again.  I've used this product for over a month now.
Another thing I've noticed about this product is it's drying.  I have combination skin so for someone with dry skin, this might not be something for them to try.  I've combat the dryness with my moisturizer but it's still a let down, especially since it claims to maintain skin's moisture balance.
As far as fighting acne, I've had better.  I don't normally have breakout but since I've used this cleanser I've broke out more then I've been used to.  Going from 1 or no zit a month to getting 4 or 5 is a difference.  Product can work differently for different people, and unfortunately this didn't work for me.  It's not horribly bad, it's just mediocre.  I don't recommend it.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Bloggerized by Dzignine, based on Nekoji design.