Wednesday, March 31

Urban Decay Palettes

I've had these palettes for a while now (bought then sometime last year) but I've never talked about them. Not because I don't like them, because I do, but just because I forgot.

I bought Urban Decay Wallpaper Palette at Sephora for $36. It has 9 shadows that are either shimmery, glittery, or both. The shadows are Grind, Shotgun, Last Call, Asphyxia, Uzi, Shattered, Smog, Chopper, & Midnight Cowboy. All the shadows are pigmented but they're soft colors. They're more muted then vibrant (except Shattered). This isn't necessarily a bad thing. If you were going for a more soft, demure, or natural look this palette would be great. I use this palette for more day to day looks.
The palette is make of cardboard with a light purple and flower design on the outside. Inside there is a mirror and 2 double ended sponge tip applicators and closes magnetically.
I don't think they carry this palette anymore. I haven't seen it around. But the eyeshadows themselves they still have in other palettes or as single shades.

I bought Urban Decay Ammo Palette at Sephora for $36. It comes in a black palette with a purple gun shooting a floral design on the outside. Inside it comes with a mirror, the 10 shadows, and a double ended sponge tip applicator. The palette closes magnetically.
The 10 shadows are:
(top) Smog, Mildew, Oil Slick, Last Call, Chopper
(bottom) Maui Wowie, Shattered, Polyester Bride, Griffter, Sin
All the colors are very pigmented but half are vibrant ( Smog, Mildew, Shattered, Oil Slick, Last Call) and the rest are soft colors. Like all Urban Decay shadows, these shadows are shimmery, glittery, or both.
I also like this palette and I can use it alone without having to get other shadows. The colors can be used together for a full eye look(Lid, Crease, Highlight).

Final Verdict

Pro: Pigmented
Con: Glitter, I hate glitter in eyeshadows, too much fall out.
Buy Again: Yes
Price: $ $ $ $
Packaging: ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Overall: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Wallpaper Swatch

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Bloggerized by Dzignine, based on Nekoji design.