Thursday, December 23

Sephora Smoothing Primer

Product:  Sephora Smoothing Primer is a mattifying and smoothing primer to even out the skin while reducing shine.

Price: $ $
I recieved a sample of this product free with an order I placed but normally this primer cost $15 at Sephora.

 Packaging:  ♦ ♦
Sephora's Smoothing Primer comes in a 0.05 glass bottle with a black pump.  The primer itself is clear with a gel like consistency (like Smashbox Photo Finish)

Claim:  Improves foundation application while minimizing skin imperfections. Makeup lasts longer and skin is left velvety smooth with a matte finish. What else you need to know: Glide this wonder gel over skin before applying foundation to matify, smooth, perfect, and prep your skin for the a perfect foundation application. It can be mixed with a liquid foundation for a lighter coverage and to create an even skintone. Ideal for combination-oily skin types.

Ingredients:  Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben.

Pros:
  • Light Weight
  • Smoothing
  • A Little Goes A Long Way
  • Has a Pump
Cons:
  • Not As Mattifying
Final Verdict: ♥ ♥
This is the first time I've tried Sephora's Smoothing Primer.  When I first tried this I immediately thought of Smashbox PhotoFinish.  It has a similar consistency, as it is a clear gel-like product.  It applied  easily and left my face feeling very smooth and a little bit more even in texture.  I didn't have to use too much in order to do my whole face.  Of all it's claims I didn't think it was as mattifying as I had hoped.  It is more mattifying compred to Photo Finish but not as much as other mattifying primers I've used (L'Oreal Magic Perfecting Base, Dr. Brandt Pores No More).  The packaging is also nice as it comes with a pump so you can control how much you use.  I think this primer would work for any skin type and the price is reasonable.  It's definitely worth a try for anyone looking for a good face primer.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Bloggerized by Dzignine, based on Nekoji design.